Results with No Down-Time
The Professional SkinPen® Experience | Results For Truly Healthy Skin
Your skin and desired results deserve the quality and safety of SkinPen®. The versatility or SkinPen® makes it ideal for all skin types. What can you expect from a SkinPen® procedure?
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your specific needs, your provider may apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- A short procedure time. Procedure time may range from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling just the slight vibration of SkinPen® during the procedure.
- Mild post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will apply Skinfuse® RESCUE Calming Complex immediately post-procedure. RESCUE was formulated by Bellus Medical as part of the Skinfuse® post-procedure protocol specifically for post-microneedling to calm the skin.
- A plan for optimal results. Your clinician will recommend a course of procedures (typically 3-6) appropriate for your skin’s needs and request you return within 4-6 weeks for your next procedure to ensure optimal results.
- A post-procedure skin care regimen to optimize your results. Your clinician will provide you with a concise, easy-to-use skincare regimen formulated specifically to your needs.
- Beautiful, lasting results.
The Work Within The Skin Continues Through Three Specific Stages As Healing Occurs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SkinPen®? SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is a transient, non-surgical, cosmetic micro-needling device for the creation of “micro” skin punctures to improve the appearance of the skin. SkinPen® is an automated microneedling technology device designed for use by medical professionals.
- How does SkinPen® work? Microneedling allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair process by creating precise, micro injuries in the skin.
- What areas of the body can it be used for? SkinPen®’s variable needle depth allows for versatility and therefore it can be used on many parts of the body, including the face, neck, and décolleté.
- How long does the procedure take and will it hurt? The procedure typically takes 30 minutes. Most SkinPen users apply a topical anesthetic to the skin prior to the procedure. This allows for a relatively pain-free experience. Ask your doctor what they do to ensure patient comfort during the microneedling procedure.
- When will I see results? Patients may notice healthier looking skin immediately. However, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress over the course of several weeks. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to 3-6 months following your final session. *Individual results will vary.
- How many procedures are recommended? The number of procedures required will be determined by your skincare professional based upon your individual procedure goals and the health of your skin. Most patients receive a series of 3 procedures spaced about 4 weeks apart. Your provider will develop a procedure plan specific to you and also a maintenance plan to help maintain the rejuvenating effects.
- When can I wear make-up again? Patients typically can resume their normal make-up regimen 2-3 days following their SkinPen® procedure depending on the area and type of procedure performed.